Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fat Girl No More’s 1st Anniversary Contest


Fat Girl No More, a personal blog on weight loss, is having it's 1st Anniversary Contest! The winner of this contest will receive 50$ via Paypal and another winner will receive $25. Winners will be determined by raffle.


This contest is open to bloggers following Fat Girl No More.

To join this contest, simply blog, tweet, post, plurk and share this contest to all. For bloggers, simply answer the question by making a blog post on...

"What is your weight loss/health and fitness goal for this year and how do you intend to achieve this?"

My answer: My weight loss goal for this year is around 2 to 3 kilos. Currently, I weigh around 66 kilos. But with my height, my Body Mass Index ratio (BMI) tells me that I am slightly overweight.

Truth is, when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see myself as 'fat' or 'overweight'. Four years ago, I was able to cut my weight from 75 kilos* (165 lbs) down to 64 kilos (140.8 lbs) due to excessive jogging, but it made me look slim / underweight. I let go of that excess exercise routine and, after some time, I was able to regain some of my body mass.

* 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs

Fast-forward to today, because I love to munch on free food and eat-all-you-can meals, I now crossed the slightly overweight barrier again.

A weight of 145 to 150 pounds is ideal for me. To attain my goal for this year, I think I should cut down on rice and bring back my 4 sessions a week running routine. My experience is that running and jogging while slightly cutting down on carbs can burn lots of excess weight and trim the body within a span of 8 weeks (provided a person runs 30 minutes per session without stopping to rest.) That was how I got my weight down to 140 pounds before.

But this time, I won't overdo it.
----
More contest guidelines / earning raffle points:

  1. Blog about this contest (5 raffle entries)
  2. While you're blogging about this contest, why not JOIN the contest! (5 raffle entries)
  3. Follow Yapatoots on Twitter (twitter.com/yapatoots) (2 raffle entries)
  4. Like Yapatoots on Facebook (2 raffle entries)
  5. Subscribe to her feed via email (verified email subscriptions, see sidebar for the subscription box) (2 raffle entries)
  6. Share the word! Each Tweet, Facebook Status Message or Plurk about the contest earns you 1 raffle point each. You can only Tweet, do a status update or Plurk once per day though. Be sure to leave your Tweet, FB, or Plurk URL’s in the contest page comment box for tallying.
This contest would not have been made possible without the following sponsors:
For more information about this contest, you may visit the Fat Girl No More’s 1st Anniversary Contest page.

blog comments powered by Disqus