Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Winner's Place Bloggers Meet at Wendy's Bonifacio Avenue


I just arrived from Jayson Biadog's Winner's Place Bloggers Meet held at Wendy's Bonifacio Avenue corner EDSA. I was not able to arrive on time due to heavy traffic and a hectic schedule, but I am glad I made it before the event finally ended.


Unfortunately I was not able to bring my camera for that event. Instead I took photos of what I did receive courtesy of Jayson Biadog and friends.

Stuff I received a while back...

plaque of appreication courtesy of Winner's Place

My prize from winning the Winner's Place blog contest - The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

My prize from Damicaye - 2 Tickets to NIDO Science Discovery center plus gift items courtesy of Sir Darwin Cayetano

Very special thanks to Sir Jayson Biadog for awarding me a plaque of appreciation and the contest prize - The Last Song authored by Nicholas Sparks, and also to Sir Darwin Cayetano of damicaye.blogspot.com for awarding me 2 tickets to the Nido Fortified Science Center and other souvenir items.

It was nice being able to meet personally for the first time some of the bloggers who's contests I joined. This was the first time I met Sir Richard Mamuyac of Mapanghingi Ka Ba, Freebies for Every Juan (where I won 1st place in his online photo contest), and Sir Darwin of Damicaye (where I won the tickets to the Science Discovery Center).

What was interesting about this gathering of bloggers is that most (if not all) either blog about contests or frequently join contests. In short, this was a meeting of the Contest Community.

During the meet, I remember being asked about my motivation in joining contests, and I think I answered about the prize being the prime motivator. But as I type on my laptop right now, on second thought... I forgot to mention that I also join contests as part of my learning process.

Speaking of learning, I really wanted to learn a lot of cool things like how to make good video presentations, make digital art, photography, blogging, etc. Through the contests I have joined, I was able to learn a lot / sharpened my skills to improve my chances of winning. I remember that 2 years ago, I had no idea what blogging was until I joined this blog contest from Animax. The prize was a netbook, and I badly wanted to win it. This motivated me from learning the basics of blogging.

Funny, but my opponents were mostly kids - grade school to college level I think (although the contest does not have restrictions on age). And since this contest was international, most of these contest bloggers had really 'creative' ways that made their entries stand out.

Although I did not win this contest, it made me realize what Ryoma (Prince of Tennis) often says - that I am still mada mada dane (not quite ready yet). And this motivated me to improve my blogging skills and learn some more. From there, Journey of No FERA was born.

By the way, if there is a someone who inspires me to join contests - whether blogging, photography, video, etc., it's no other than my girlfriend who always supports me specially when i need her help the most. As i mentioned in my previous posts, she is the lucky charm of my life...

Again, special thanks to Jayson Biadog for this opportunity to meet some of the most prominent people in the Contest Community today, and to Wendy's Bonifacio Avenue for accommodating us bloggers for this event. May we, the Contest Community thrive and strive to be the best in what we do. This is what I believe Winner's Place is all about.

blog comments powered by Disqus