Saturday, October 9, 2010

NomNom Club's celebration at Angel's Pizza


I was invited by Sir Jonel Uy to celebrate NomNom Club's victory as one of the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2010. The venue was Angel's Pizza near Makati Avenue corner Jupiter Street around 7 pm last night.

Angel's Pizza in Makati Ave near Jupiter Street

This was just the second time I attended a bloggers' get-together. The first one I attended was at the awarding of winners for the Century Tuna Fillet blog contest (bloggers' event) held almost a year back.

Together with my gf, we attended NomNom's gathering. We arrived 20 minutes late because I couldn't find the venue immediately after we arrived at Makati Ave. cor Jupiter. I thought the vendors and security guards around the area knew where to find this restaurant, and it seems most of them don't even have a clue! Finally, we found someone to point us at the right direction.

Well, at least now I know Angel's Pizza is around 50 steps away along Makati Avenue on the Jollibee side. Since this is a new establishment, only few people here know of its location.

As I mentioned in some of my blogs, joining contests is a great way of making friends online. I was able to meet Sir Florencio Jusay of ManualToLyf and Sir Pepi De Leon of Kampeon ng Pag-Ibig who won 2nd runner-up in Let's Go Sago "Why Travel?" blog contest I joined a while back. Also present was Sir Fitz Villafuerte of Thirsty Blogger, also one of the winners of the Top 10 Emerging most influential blogs for 2010.

While having a lively chat with other bloggers, dinner is served...
drinks were first served to the attending guests...

We took a bite of Angel Pizza's specialties...

the Angel's Deluxe - with Mushrooms, green pepper, ham and pepperoni


the Angel's Style pizza - with mushrooms and barbecue sauce

After food and drinks were served, Sir Jonel gave his 'thank you' speech and announced plans and schedules for his upcoming blog projects.

Sir Jonel announcing upcoming plans for his blog projects...

After the announcements, Sir Jonel gave away freebies to those who attended. I was able to get this pink loot bag from the raffle...

We were happy that we attended this social gathering. The first time we attended an internet-related event 2 years ago (not a bloggers' event), we felt left out / snobbed because it seemed the organizers of the event thought we were guests from the media, but turned out that we attended because we got tickets to their event from a raffle/contest.

After attending the Century Tuna bloggers' event, I realized that the bloggers who attended were generally sociable. Like the previous bloggers event, I am glad we were warmly received by Sir Jonel and the other bloggers who were present on this one.

We were not able to finish the whole event because it was getting late. Oh well, my gf and I were not able to be in a group photo. But we did have a great time! Thanks Sir Jonel of NomNom Club and Let's Go Sago for his generosity and hospitality. May you have more success with your upcoming blog projects. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus